Although i finished my exams a week ago, today most of my other course mates finished theirs. We spent the day playing poker and talking about our futures. I realised that employment and results arent exactly correlated, i had a friend who got a $55k starting pay job with toyota without any honors. Thats pretty darn good for starting pay, especially if u've failed subjects before.

We spent the afternoon talking about what we were going to do with our lives, and when we would get to meet up as a big happy group again. We decided that it would be possible every 10 years given that once each of us lead our own seperate lives it would be hard. Somehow i believe that every single one of them will be successful in the individual paths that they take. I've never met a bunch of people who absorb and thirst knowledge as much as they do, i should have met them earlier in my life when i was hanging.

Its amazing how some of them are expected to relieve their parents of the family businesses upon graduation, and not feel the expectations already pinned on their shoulders. Instead many of them have dreams that i swear cannot possibly fail if they continue doing what they do. Some people are just born with such drive and vigor. I've always wanted that but i still find myself idling around.

Graduation is in 2 1/2 weeks time, and there is a final gathering afew days before then. Stage 2 of our lives are in orientation and about to begin. I can only hope to be half as successful as the rest of you will become. See you in 10 years time.
0 Responses