I've been phasing in and out of conscious thought at my computer desk.
I remember the days where i spent countless hours standing outside the 1/3, 2/3, 3/2, 4/2 class room for not doing homework and for talking during class. I vividly remember only seeing mingjun or tianli outside of class with me, and never the rest of you. My best friend was zhenyan when outside of class, the only person i could count on to always meet me outside chinese class.

That guy was the champion of champions, he wrote his Prelim chinese essay in english! I also remember leaving my chinese book open in class to copy for TING XIE. Madam ang could never understand how i always scored 100% on class tests but 17% for finals. Yes, 17%, the lowest in express stream, and probably the lowest in normal stream as well. I remember the complete the sentences, or wan chen ju zi, i used to write "LEE KUAN YEW SAID, ........." when the question required me to fill in the first part of the sentence. and "............, said LEE KUAN YEW".

I think it really pissed off the chinese teachers i was sent to the principles office to talk to the paralegic wobbly fobbly kwok of the wok. Oh. daryl teached me how to add more words to my essays too. he taught me to write, my mother's, father's, brothers', sister's, son's cousin said.... that killed off alot of words for me as the teachers wouldnt accept such a small number of words.

Majority of my time spent outside was during Chinese, Music, or Art and Craft classes. Madam Ang Ku Kueh used to chase me out of her class, and sometimes i even stayed in the toilet for the whole class. There was once where i hid under my table (in front of teachers desk, thus blindspot), hoping not to be called to read the chinese text.

Even if i was asked to read the text, i had already written the whole text in han yu ping yin because my tuition teacher had done so. I also remember us having OUR bench, which slowly shifted from the far side of the bench corner, closer to the porch as the years went by. Eventually we reached the first bench and it was friggin convenient because i didnt need to walk on the stupid dirty ugly fugly grass.

Secondary school was a joke! Now i get it! hah
0 Responses